Winter is here. The temperature is falling so does the moisture of our skin. We all will agree on the point that winter makes our skin dry & we should always take special care of our skin in winter. This winter let your skin glow with the assistance of this skincare guide prepared by dermatologists. Simply follow the below-mentioned points & say goodbye to the matter of dry skin.
In this article, Dr. Roopam who is one of the best dermatologist in Nashik explains what you must do & what you should not do to keep your skin healthy & to prevent dryness of your skin.
- Always Moisturize Your Skin- Moisturizing your skin regularly is possibly the best thing you can do to keep your skin healthy during winter. But the question is, are you using the proper moisturizer? The moisturizer must be heavy & cream based to stay your skin healthy & nourished.
- Drink Plenty Of Water- During winter, we drink less water as we feel less dehydrated. But during winter we lose water from our bodies. To take care of that water level & to keep your skin glowing you must drink plenty of water daily.
- Eat Healthy Diet- To keep your skin glowing & healthy, there’s no other alternative to a healthy diet. Include green leafy vegetables & fruits in your regular diet to satisfy the necessity for vitamins & minerals in your body.
- Apply Sunscreen- Sunscreen is a must-have for your skin in winter. Actually, sunscreen is a non-negotiable part of daily skincare regardless of the weather condition. People believe that you simply don’t need sunscreen in winter. But SPF rich lightweight sunscreen in winter will protect your skin from UV-A & UV-B rays & will help to keep your skin healthy.
- Exfoliate- Exfoliate your skin in winter to avoid dry skin & flakes. This will increase the blood flow within the skin & will keep your skin healthy & glowing. This will also help your skin to soak up more moisture thus preventing dry skin. It should be done a minimum of 3-4 times every week to keep your skin healthy.
- Use Humidifier- This is the simplest option to keep your skin hydrated & moisturized. A humidifier in a close place will help your skin to soak up more moisture.
- Wear Loose Clothes- Dry skin is often further irritated wearing tight clothes. So, it’s better to use comfortable loose clothes to keep your skin healthy.
- Use Mild Cleanser- You can’t use the same cleanser every season. A highly acidic cleanser will make your skin drier. So, you should change your cleanser to a lighter, milder & more moisturizing cleanser that is not much acidic. Don’t use a cleanser that produces an excessive amount of foam as this is the symbol of high acidic content.
- Replenish Your Skin Before Sleeping- Replenishing your skin before you sleep every night is extremely important. you must use oil massage to stop your skin from drying. Deep moisturizing with oil will help to maintain healthy & glowing skin.
- Face Wash With Lukewarm Water- Lukewarm water for face wash will help to keep skin healthy & smooth. But don’t use hot because it might damage the protective layer of your skin.
- Don’t Use Harsh Soap- it’s necessary to scrub your skin regularly. But confirm the soap you’re using is gentle on your skin. Any sulfate-rich soap might damage the protective layer of your skin. It’ll also make your skin dry which can cause flakes. Cream-based soap is the best choice to stop your skin from drying.
- Don’t Take Bath in Hot Water- Hot bath or bath in chlorinated water is harmful to your skin during winter. If your skin is sensitive then it’ll cause more problems. It’ll make your skin dry & flaky. Though we cannot shift to a cold water bath in winter, try to use lukewarm water.
- Don’t Skip Exercise- We all know the importance & effect of exercise. But are you aware that moderate exercise is additionally very helpful for your skin? Well, exercise actually helps to take care of skin quality by improving the flow of blood. Exercise helps to detox your skin & to take care of the natural glow.
- Don’t cover Dry Skin With Makeup- Covering your dry skin with makeup might look good but it will cause flaky & dry skin. Using makeup will actually increase your skin problems. Keep your skin hydrated & use a moisturizer before applying foundation.
- Don’t Consume Excess Caffeine- Caffeine acts as a diuretic & prevents moisture retention within the skin. Consuming an excessive amount of caffeine will dehydrate your skin & will make it dry. If you want to consume caffeine, then drink plenty of water daily to stop dehydration of the skin. Make sure you’re not consuming excessive caffeine to stay your skin glowing.
Winter is harsh on everyone’s skin. But following the above-mentioned dos & don’ts, you’ll be able to keep your skin healthy & glowing.